We believe in creating and living with things that are made purposefully, responsibly and beautifully. Our Philadelphia studios and workshops are the hub of our businesses where we design, prototype and produce our collections. We are always looking for energetic, creative and collaborative individuals to join our team. We currently offer full time hours, paid time off, medical insurance stipend and employee discounts.
Please see the current positions available below.
Metal Shop Production Assistant
RTO is seeking talented maker, artist, metalsmith / fabricator to join our fast-paced, dedicated, and extremely talented team. Candidates should have demonstrable experience working with metal in some capacity. They will be expected to be able to work with our production managers to produce products based on both written directions (on drawings) and verbal communication. Employees will be offered comprehensive in-house training on our metalworking processes to strengthen core skills and build knowledge and experience.
- Fabricate lamp components to exacting standards by cutting, threading, soldering, brazing, welding, and metal forming/bending
- Utilize various tools (prevision measuring tools, jigs, drill press, etc)
- Finish metal parts using various hand and air powered tools
- Apply patina and spray finishes
- Assembly and wiring of light fixtures as needed
- Executing work by priority according to a schedule; keeping within estimated time frames
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a metal shop or production setting is preferred
- Ability to work in a team setting and work alone
- Detail oriented self-starter with time management skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructionsAble to read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- May be in a non-temperature controlled environment
- Abide by facility COVID guidelines – must have proof of up-to-date vaccination