We believe in creating and living with things that are made purposefully, responsibly and beautifully. Our Philadelphia studios and workshops are the hub of our businesses where we design, prototype and produce our collections. We are always looking for energetic, creative and collaborative individuals to join our team. We currently offer full time hours, paid time off, medical insurance stipend and employee discounts.
Please see the current positions available below.
Metal Shop Production Assistant
Lostine and RTO Lighting are seeking experienced craftspeople to join our lighting shop production team. We produce custom and specialty lighting for residential and commercial clients. All of our products are manufactured in house from brass, copper, bronze and steel. We maintain a high quality of work that is executed in a fast-paced environment from design to production with a small team of creative and multi-disciplinary individuals. As a Production Assistant, you will work with our production managers to fabricate, finish, and assemble items from our lighting collection.
- Fabricate lamp components to exacting standards by cutting, threading, soldering, brazing, welding, and metal forming/bending
- Utilize various tools (prevision measuring tools, jigs, drill press, etc)
- Finish metal parts using various hand and air powered tools
- Apply patina and spray finishes
- Assembly and wiring of light fixtures as needed
- Executing work by priority according to a schedule; keeping within estimated time frames
- 2+ years of experience working in metal fabrication or production of high-end products preferred
- Previous experience with basic hand and power tools
- Ability to work in a team setting and work alone
- Detail oriented self-starter with time management skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to read and interpret shop drawings
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- May be in a non-temperature controlled environment
- Abide by facility COVID guidelines – must have proof of up-to-date vaccination and wear PPE (face mask) all day